My research interests are in statistical genetics and development of statistical methods. Software for most of my projects is available on my website. Specific current research interests include:
- methods for haplotype analysis in dependent samples methods for genetic association analysis, including methods for binary, quantitative, longitudinal and X-linked traits
- spectral analysis of population structure and other approaches to unknown population structure, particularly in the context of genetic association analysis
- methods to detect association with copy number variation
- methods for genetic analysis in isolated populations
- relationship inference quasi-likelihood methods,
- problems of incomplete data, and
- applications of random matrix theory in statistical genetics
CERAMIC: Case-Control Association Testing in Samples with Related Individuals, Based on Retrospective Mixed Model Analysis with Adjustment for Covariates.
Zhong S, Jiang D, McPeek MS
(2016 Oct) PLoS Genet. 2016 Oct 3;12(10):e1006329. doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1006329. eCollection 2016 Oct. 27695091
G-STRATEGY: Optimal Selection of Individuals for Sequencing in Genetic Association Studies.
Wang M, Jakobsdottir J, Smith AV, McPeek MS
(2016 Sep) Genet Epidemiol. 2016 Sep;40(6):446-60. doi: 10.1002/gepi.21982. Epub 2016 Jun 3. 27256766
Retrospective Binary-Trait Association Test Elucidates Genetic Architecture of Crohn Disease.
Jiang D, Zhong S, McPeek MS
(2016 Feb) Am J Hum Genet. 2016 Feb 4;98(2):243-55. doi: 10.1016/j.ajhg.2015.12.012. Epub 2016 Jan 28. 26833331 (Full Text)
Retrospective Association Analysis of Binary Traits: Overcoming Some Limitations of the Additive Polygenic Model.
Jiang D, Mbatchou J, McPeek MS
(2015) Hum Hered. 2015;80(4):187-95. doi: 10.1159/000446957. Epub 2016 Sep 1. 27576759